Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2 1/2 months and 25 pounds!!!

So, I started my weight loss journey on April 11th, 2011. I'm not quite ready to share with the world what my starting weight was, but I will say, it is the most I've ever weighed in my life. And it's not a weight I will ever weigh again. I've tried all the diets out there, but this time I'm going with Weight Watchers. My husband and I are doing it together. That's the only way it would work for us. It's not really a diet. It's a lifestyle change, that is taught through counting points. What they're really teaching you to do is to make healthy choices and to learn portions and which foods to avoid. It's working. I'm at 25 pounds and he's about to hit 30. I'm already down a jeans, t-shirt, and bra (#, not cup) size. I'm so excited.

We got started because I won a trip from Scentsy to Disney World and my biggest fear was that I wouldn't be able to fit in the rides. I didn't want to go thru that embarrassment. And trying to cut calories and workout on our own just wasn't working. We needed a structured plan. So I asked my mom for Weight Watchers for my birthday present, and she said of course. I love you mom. And even though my birthday was in Feb., we didn't get started until April. I think it was the whole fear of failing thing. We had so much going on in March that I knew we would be cheating the plan the entire time and I didn't want to start out with negative results. So, finally, on April 11th, we went to our first, scary meeting. And it wasn't that scary. And we've been doing great ever since.

Our goal was 20 pounds by Disney. I hit it and Rick hit 25. I was jealous and proud of him at the same time. And we went and we fit and it was the most amazing trip ever. Thank you Scentsy. And now we're continuing the journey to be healthy and fit and to look good in our clothes. Not only are we eating healthy, but we've started exercising (sometimes together, sometimes solo) and it's going great. The clothes I bought for this Summer are already too big! I'm wearing shorts from 2 Summers ago and loving every minute of it.

It's a fact - NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!!!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB, Shelly! I'm on a similar journey this year, although I have been stuck at 25 pounds down for a long while now. Clearly my body says, "Great! You changed your eating habits. Now get off your arse!" GOOD LUCK as you continue! I hope this blog serves as personal motivation, as well as a recruiting tool for cheerleaders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! I'm so proud of you for doing WW. It really works and gets easier as you learn more and do more research. Now you can be my motivation to lose my baby weight after this one is here. :)

    ReplyDelete